Advertisement Writing: Format, Examples, Exercises, PDF, and PPT
Types of Advertisement
Advertisements are of two types, it is a public notice or announcement that promotes a product, service, or event or publicises a job opening.
You can find classified ads in the classified sections of newspapers and publications. A Classified Advertisement must include the following features:
- There will be no blocks, no designs, and the language will be factual.
- Straightforward, formal, and to the point.
- Although comprehensive, no crucial details should be overlooked.
- Never go on for too long (confine to the word limit).
Commercial or display advertisements, on the other hand, are utilised by leading manufacturers, establishments, organisations, and other entities to publicise and promote their products, services, or events.
The essential features of commercial ads.
- It is meant for professional use only.
- It takes up more room and costs more to advertise.
- These are more visually appealing with changeable font, shape, and size.
- There are memorable slogans, humorous punch lines, and pictures or cartoons.
Categories of Advertisement
- Situation Vacant / Wanted
- To Let
- Sale / Purchase
- Tours and Travels
- Missing Person / Animal
- Lost and Found
Strategies for Advertisement Writing
- Write advertisement to the point as it costs more money
- People want to read minimum words with maximum meaning
- Heading should be in capital letters…WANTED, REQUIRED, LOST! LOST, FOR RENT
- Use language in such a way to target the audience
- Use effective and communicative language
- Manage your word limit carefully
- Communication address should be clear
- Personal information needs to be avoided
- Use proper box shape to write an advertisement
- Learn to write a proper advertisement for future task
Topics covered under Classified Advertisements
Classified advertisements are written by an owner or employer:
SITUATION VACANT: As the name suggests it is used for the vacant post in an organisation.
SITUATION WANTED: It is used by an individual to get a job.
FOR SALE: Selling property, car, assets, and plots.
TO LET/FOR RENT: Someone wants tenants for his property.
ACCOMMODATION WANTED: Individuals want accommodation.
MATRIMONIALS: For marriage purposes.
MISSING/LOST: For missing or lost something or someone.
Advertisement writing Format for class 12
Article on Advertisement Writing:
Lost and Found” Format With Example1.: Your pet dog is missing. Write out a
suitable notice in not more than 50 words
for the “Lost and Found” column of a local
newspaper. (HBSE 2020, SET A)
(LOST AND FOUND)
2. EXPLAIN PHYSICAL OUTLOOK: Height, colour, and other identifying characteristics
(My German Shepherd dog with dark brown colour)
3. WRITE NAME, AGE, AND FITNESS
(His name is Tiger, 4years old and a healthy dog)
4. IDENTIFICATION MARKS LIKE COLOR, CLOTHING, OR SOMETHING ELSE PROVIDE SOME PROOF
(Wearing Black collar)
5. LOCATION WHERE LOST
(Lost somewhere near Sports stadium, XYZ city)
6. BENEFITS AND REWARDS FOR FINDER
( Finders will be given a treat at City Coffee House)
7. CONTACT ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER
Examples of Advertisement for Class 10, 11, and 12
LOST AND FOUND
EXERCISES FOR PRACTICE
Draft an advertisement for an Ayurvedic
Face Cream. Imagine details(HBSE 2020, SET C)
Draft an attractive advertisement for a
The company is launching a new Herbal
Shampoo. Imagine the details. (HBSE 2022, SET D)
You want to sell your car as you are shifting from Bangalore to
Delhi. Draft a suitable
advertisement to be published in ‘The Times of India’. Give
necessary details of the car. You are Prateek/Reena, 240, Sector –
4, Sonipat. (HBSE 2017 SET C)
A new motorcycle is to be launched. Prepare an advertisement
highlighting its qualities. (HBSE 2018, SET D)
Exercise 5.: You are a businessman. You need a personal driver for your Honda
city car. Draft a suitable advertisement(HBSE 2017, SET B)
Exercise6.: You are Sudha/Sudhir of Model Town,
Sonipat. You wish to purchase some
property in Hisar. Draft an advertisement in
not more than 50 words to be published in
“The Tribune”, giving all the relevant details. (HBSE 2019, Set C)