A notice is written or printed information or news announcement. Notices are either prominently displayed or published in newspapers, school bulletin boards, and magazines. It is only meant for a small number of people. Because it contains a formal announcement or information, the tone and style of the notice are formal and factual. Its language should be simple and formal. Notices are always brief and direct.
Important Instructions for Writing a Notice
- The maximum word limit is 50. Don’t cross the word limit to avoid a penalty.
- Write a Notice on the top.
- Always Include the name and address of the school, organisation, or office that is issuing the notice or written in the question paper.
- Always provide a suitable Heading.
- Mention the date when the notice was sent.
- Highlight the name to whom the notice is written.
- What is the purpose of the notice?
- Don’t forget to include all relevant information like date, venue, and time.
- Notice must include the signature, name, and designation of the person issuing the notice.
- Write the notice into a box.
Answer the following questions to Write a Notice
- Who is organizing the event?
- What is the subject of notice?
- Where is the venue of the camp?
- Who is the target group/person for notice writing?
- When it is going to be organized?
- What will be the time?
- What is the purpose of notice?
- What is the last date of response/submission?
- What is to be awarded?
- Who is the chief guest?
- What is the name and designation of the person of contact?
Format for Notice Writing
Name of the Issuing Body/Authority
Date of Issue/Date of Release of the Notice
Title/Subject of the Notice
BODY OF THE NOTICE
(Name, Designation, and Signature)
Structure of Notice Writing CBSE/HBSE 12th Class
Write the notice into a box.
Let us take an example of notice and will try to answer the following questions and develop the notice:
Question1. : The Principal, G.S.S.S. Model Town, Rohtak, is going to organize a blood donation camp at the school auditorium on 15th August, at 10 A.M., on the occasion of Independence Day to help the needy people. Write a notice for the newspaper column, requesting maximum participation in the blood donation camp.
Note: After reading the question on the question paper, answer the following questions. Notice the automatic formation of notice:
1. Who is organizing the event?
Ans. The Principal, G.S.S.S., Model Town, Rohtak
2. What is the subject of notice?
Ans. Is organizing a blood donation camp.
3. Where is the venue of the camp?
Ans: The venue of the camp is the school’s auditorium.
4. Who is the target group/person for notice writing?
Ans. All interested people who want to help the needy.
5. When it is going to be organized?
Ans: It is going to be organized on 15th August.
6. What will be the time?
Ans. Time: 10 A.M.
7. What is the purpose of notice?
Ans: To help the needy people in hospitals.
8. What is the last date of response/submission?
Ans. Interested volunteers may contact the Principal by 14 August
9. What is to be awarded?
ans. Refreshments and certificates will be provided to the donors.
10. What is the name and designation of the person of contact?
Ans. For more information
Contact: The Principal
G.S.S.S., Model Town