CUET 2022: Simple or Created Phobia?
Until last year, students were admitted to several prestigious colleges based on their 10+2 grades. The system has been entirely overhauled this year for a variety of reasons. There will be a cut-off depending on the CUET exam scores this time. This is the first year that such an exam has been held, and students are unprepared mentally. They’re at a loss for how to pass this test. Many coaching institutions have emerged in the market to take advantage of students and parents.
There are numerous reasons for this conflict. Every new endeavour necessitates planning and preparation. I’ll discuss several aspects of the test and my aim is to assist students to overcome their CUET phobia. Relax and believe in your abilities. “Learn Together” is the exam’s Mool Mantra. This is my second article in this series of CUET Hacks. Here, Hacks means ‘Samadhan’
CUET 2022 Exam Format:
|Main Section||Subject Of Exams||Questions Needs To Be Attempted||Type of Questions||Time Alloted|
|Section A1.||13 Languages. Choose 1 Language||Attempt- 40 questions Total- 50 questions.||Reading Comprehension (Based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary, and Narrative, (Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary)||45 minutes section section|
|Section-B1||19 Languages, Choose one language other than A1||Attempt-40 Questions: Total- 50 Questions||Reading Comprehension (Based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative, (Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary)||45 minutes for each domain-specific Subjects.|
|Section: II||27 domains specific subjects are being offered. A candidate can choose a maximum of six.||40/50 questions||Input text can be used for MCQ-based questions||45 minutes|
|Section:3 General test for||For any undergraduate program offered by a university that uses a general test for admission.||60/75 questions to be attempted out of 75.||General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, Logical and Analytical Reasoning.||60 minutes|
Systematic Plan To Crack CUET 2022
I think you might have understood the facts of the test after reading the details of CUET 2022. Choosing a college course is important. Choose your college course or follow others? Have you ever pondered your future? This decision isn’t easy and requires thought.
Make a list of the fields of study that interest you, and then make a list of courses that you would consider taking based on your interests. Include school subjects that interested you and jobs that you thought were cool:
Do a Complete Study of the Syllabus of CUET
Internet, newspapers, TV, and people are good information sources. Learn more about employment prospects and other topics by taking an online course. Discuss your future career with people in your selected field. Former students can provide you with pros and cons from a student’s perspective.
Examine the course content of Cuet
Examine the course outline for the course(s) you wish to apply for. Examine the subjects, assignments, and exams you must complete. This will give you an idea of what to expect.
Check the College Reputation of Participating in CUET
If you’ve decided on a university, don’t allow it to limit your academic choices. Compare course descriptions and study facilities at different colleges to find the perfect fit for your educational needs. Attend some lectures at the university to acquire a feel for the subjects. 
Determine course length.
Determine the course length to assure your dedication. You decide whether to pursue two degrees full-time or part-time. Assure you can handle your other priorities as well as your education. University flexibility varies.
Mool Mantra of Cracking CUET 2022
Unlike other national-level entrance exams, the NTA CUET has grown to be the most comprehensive in the country. This year’s competition will be fierce, with 66 central universities taking part in the entrance exam:
- Prepare a comprehensive list of CUET 2022 topics.
- Concentrate on the topics on which you want to appear.
- Read your previous year’s books, especially NCERT books, for basics.
- Do the fundamental math and understand it.
- Plan your time accordingly.
- Learn to discuss the various topics with your friends.
- This will boost your self-esteem.
- Determine your strong and weak points and train accordingly.
- Try to increase your speed when answering questions.
- Only answer questions in which you are confident.
- Be cautious, there is a negative marking.
- Try to solve maximum Mock Test
Reading Comprehension Section 2 will play a crucial role in cracking CUET 2022
- First and foremost, rapidly read the passage and study the questions at the end.
- Begin reading the passage for the second time. This reading should be comprehensive. Highlight significant phrases or terms that connect to the questions.
- Another option is to go over the questions first, which will give you a general notion of the passage’s topic or subject. It will be easier to underline the keywords as you read the passage, allowing you to get to the answers faster.
- Don’t try to give vague or general replies while answering the questions; be particular; occasionally pupils utilize one general explanation when four or five points must be mentioned. Avoid giving generic responses.
- Don’t repeat the same thing twice. It’s a waste of time to do this. Slang should be avoided. When a precise word will suffice, avoid using ambiguous words.
- For answering factual inquiries, don’t use your ideas, which contain words like “what,” “when,” “how,” and “why.” You might start your answer to the ‘why’ question by saying, ‘This is because of a comparable term.’
- Determine the part of speech of the word while answering vocabulary questions. The same part of speech should appear in your response.
Multiple-Choice(MCQ) Test Strategies for CUET
College entrance exams(CUET), contain multiple-choice questions(50). Let us discuss some strategies for CUET:
Read the question properly
Before looking at the answer options, read the entire multi-choice question. Students frequently believe they know what a question is asking before reading it and proceeding to the most logical answer. This is a big mistake that can cost you a lot of points on multiple-choice exams. Before going over the answer options, read each question thoroughly.
First, answer it in your head.
Before reviewing the answer options, answer the question in your head after reading it. This will help you avoid talking yourself out of the right answer.
Remove all incorrect answers.
Before selecting the answer you believe is correct, eliminate all answer options that you are certain are incorrect. Even if you believe you know the correct answer, eliminating the answers you know are incorrect will ensure that your answer choice is correct.
Make use of the process of elimination.
Cross out all the answers you know are incorrect using the process of elimination, then concentrate on the remaining answers. It will save time, and increase your chances of selecting the correct answer.
Choose the best answer.
It is critical to choose the best answer to the question at hand, not just the one that appears to be correct. Many answers may appear to be correct, but there is usually the best answer to the question that your professor is looking for.
Examine each answer option.
Before selecting a final answer, read each answer option. This may seem obvious to some, but it is a common error made by students. As previously stated, there is usually the best answer to every multiple-choice question. You may not choose the best answer if you assume you know the correct answer without first reading all of the answer options.
First, answer the questions you are familiar with.
If you’re having trouble answering a question, move on and return to it after you’ve answered all the questions you know. Answering easier questions first can sometimes provide insight into answering more difficult questions.
Make a calculated guess.
Make an educated guess for any question you’re unsure about if it won’t affect your score. (Note: Incorrect answers on some standardized tests are penalized. A correct answer, for example, could be worth 2 points, an unanswered question 0 points, and an incorrect answer -1 points. On these tests, you can make an educated guess if you can eliminate at least one or two incorrect answers.)
When you see “All of the above” and “None of the above” answer choices, do not choose “All of the above” if you are fairly certain that any of the provided answers is incorrect. If you are certain that at least one of the answer choices is correct, you can choose “None of the above.”
What is CUET 2022 Domain Specific Test?
The CUET entrance exam domain specific-test will consist of 27 subjects, from which you must select six domains to pursue in your UG course.
The questions in this section are of the class 12 level. As a result, understanding the fundamental concepts of the subject you’ve chosen will help you score higher in this section.
You must also select subjects that you find very interesting and that you enjoy studying. Attempt easy, moderate, and difficult level MCQ questions from NCERT/class books and textbooks.
The only way to crack the aptitude test is to practice.
- In your study plan, divide the subjects you need to study each day
- Set a time limit for each concept you’re learning.
- Don’t keep bringing up difficult topics all the time. Try mixing and matching the topics.
- Choose an easy topic from reasoning if you assign a difficult concept from the quant.
- Make a list of key terms or complex formulas from the topic you’re studying to aid in revision.
- If you are well-versed in a subject, devote less time to it. Instead, devote more time to complex subjects.
How Should You Study for the CUET Quantitative Aptitude Section?
More practice is required to score well in the quantitative subject. Revise all concepts from standard eighth, ninth, and tenth-grade mathematics, as the majority of questions will be based on these subjects.
Concentrate on averages, profit and loss, mensuration, number system, geometry, simplification, quadratic equations, ratio & proportion, mixtures & allegations, time & word, time, speed, and distance.
Try to practice as many questions as you can because it will help you learn short tricks for quickly answering math questions in the exam.
Practicing easy, moderate, and difficult level questions will help you prepare best for Common Universities Entrance Test exams.
CUET Quantitative Aptitude Section
Pay attention to averages, profit and loss, mensuration, number system, geometry, simplification, quadratic equations, ratio & proportion, mixtures & allegations, time & word, time, speed, and distance. Revise the Maths syllabus of classes 7,8,9 and 10th.
CUET Logical Reasoning 2022
To improve your problem-solving abilities, practice more and more puzzle-related questions.
The CUET UG 2022 Exams: Two Sessions,1st and 2nd weeks of July
Slot 1 lasts 195 minutes (3:15 hours), while Slot 2 lasts 225 minutes (3:45 hours).