Read the following passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
Environment Day is celebrated every year on the 5th of June on different platforms to spread the message to protect our beloved Earth, a living entity. We have to protect this earth, not only for us but for our future generations also. We are the stewards of this earth, so it’s our sole responsibility to form a guard to protect the beloved earth. The protection of nature and conservation is a must for us to survive on earth whose condition is deteriorating day by day. It was established by the UN General Assembly in 1972 on the First Day of the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment, resulting from discussions on the integration of human interactions and the environment. In 1974, the First Eco Day was held with the theme “Only One Earth”.
The theme of World Environment Day this year is ‘Only One Earth,’ which focuses on living sustainably in harmony with nature. Sweden is hosting the World Environment Day conference this year. The theme for 2021 was “Ecosystem Restoration,” and Pakistan hosted the conference. World Environment Day: World Environment Day 2022 TThe United Nations established the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment (5–16 June 1972) as a result of discussions on the integration of human interactions and the environment. Two years later, in 1974, the first World Environment Day was held with the theme “Only One Earth.” Even though World Environment Day celebrations have been held annually since 1974, the idea of rotating the center of these activities by selecting different host countries began in 1987
Plants are extremely beneficial to the environment and all living things. Plants absorb CO2 and release oxygen through their leaves, which humans and other animals require to breathe. Plants are necessary for life because living things eat and live in them. Plants can also help to clean water.
“To celebrate World Environment Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a waste management drive across India which will aim to tackle the problem of country’s waste generation and set a world record” Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced that the state government will join the mass movement on World Environment Day on June 5, and conduct a waste management drive in all villages.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his monthly ‘Mann Ki Baat’ announced that a ‘massive’ waste management campaign will be launched in 4000 cities on June 5, World Environment Day, and will continue till October 2. Once completed, India will attempt to set a world record of 100 percent waste segregation with this campaign where a maximum number of people will pledge to segregate waste. Chief Minister Khattar announced the state’s participation in the campaign on Twitter and said, “On 5th June, Special Cleanliness campaigns will be organised in all villages of Haryana with 10,000+ population.”
Question: Answer the following questions:
- On which day is World Environment Day celebrated?
- When was the first Earth Day celebrated?
- Where was it celebrated for the first time?
- Who organises World Environment Day every year?
- What is the theme of World Environment Day?
- Why is World Environment Day celebrated every year?
- Write the full form of WED.
- What is the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- What is the name of the project started on World Environment Day by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi?
- To which date will the above continue?
- What is on October 2nd?
- What is the full form of N.S.S?
- When will special cleanliness campaigns be organised in all villages of Haryana?
- What is the announcement made by Sh. Manohar Lal Khattar, the Chief Minister of Haryana?
- When did Prime Minister Narendra Modi announce the project on ‘Waste Management’ in his ‘Mann Ki Baat’?
- World Environment day is celebrated on the 5th of June
- It was first celebrated first time in 1974.
- It was celebrated in Stockholm.
- U.N.O. organises world environment day every year.
- The theme of World Environment day is “Only One Earth”.
- It is celebrated every year to spread the message to protect the environment.
- The full form of WED is world environment day.
- To distribute free LPG cylinders to BPL families.
- Waste Management drive across India.
- It will continue till October 2.
- Birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, The Father of Nation.
- The full form of NSS is National Service Scheme.
- It be organised in all villages of Haryana on June 5.
- “On 5th June, Special Cleanliness campaigns will be organised in all villages of Haryana with 10,000+ population.”
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the project on ‘Waste Management in his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on May 29.